Protecting your privacy is important to us.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you fill in our contact form, sign up to our newsletter or use our shopping cart;
- when you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through our website;
- when you use any services provided by our organisation;
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- when you contact us via telephone;
- when you interact with us via social media;
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- when administering any of our services; and
- as we otherwise deal with you in the course of our business.
However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from publically available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors, our clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect depends on the nature of what you are doing with our websites or services. This can include (but is not limited to), your name, age, postal address, email address, phone numbers, billing information and details about your education.
We do not typically collect sensitive information, such as information about health, race or religion. Where we do propose to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act (Australia).
Our purposes for handling your personal information
As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances.
We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to third parties.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- offer and provide you with our goods and services;
- manage and administer those goods and services, including account keeping procedures;
- communicate with you, including (but not limited to) emailing you in relation to any orders;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise manage our business.
Where you are a minor, we may also:
- collect, hold and use your personal information to communicate with your parent or guardian; and
- disclose any personal information we hold about you to your parent or guardian.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure, or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We may disclose personal information between our organisations or to third parties such as our suppliers, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
When you make an order in our online store, we’ll ask you to enter your:
- phone number,
- shipping address,
- billing address,
- payment information.
This information is used to process your order and deliver the goods. It is also stored for bookkeeping reasons. We use this information with the following services:
Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located outside of Australia.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to the disposal of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
We use names and email addresses to undertake direct marketing activities where you have signed up to receive our newsletter or otherwise opted to received direct marketing materials from us.
- We do not sell email addresses nor disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- You can unsubscribe at any time using this link.
- You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link in the footer of any email newsletter we send you.
- If you have any trouble opting out of the email communications, please contact us and we will manually remove you from our e-mail list.
We like to keep our email addresses up-to-date. Please contact us if your details have changed.
If you have concerns or questions about our direct marketing, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Web browser cookies
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
Where our websites, software or other services contain functionality that allows you to log in as a registered user, then cookies will be used to identify you as that user.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect non-identifiable visitor data and analyse traffic. This information helps us understand customer interests and helps us improve our websites and marketing. The cookie does not contain personal details.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: whybricks.com
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request an export of the personal information that we hold about you, to request removal of this data, and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. We will respond to all requests for access to, or correction of personal information within a reasonable time. We may be required to go through a verification process to confirm your identity to share the information we have on record.
- To verify that you are the person affiliated with the email you are making the request about, we must receive an email from that email address as part of the verification process. You will be informed where to send this email once your request via the contact form has been received.
On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for so refusing.
International transfers of personal information
From time to time we may engage a recipient located outside of Australia to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of international service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such international recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity may not be bound by, and you may not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
Each country has different privacy legislation. We have sought to comply with:
- Australian Privacy Principles
- European Union GDPR
- Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
We are committed to ensuring our data collection and use is best practice. Please contact us if you have questions about our data collection and use.
Your acceptance of these terms
Phone: +61 8 8166 7193
PO Box 8052
Grange SA 5022, Australia
If you wish to contact our Privacy Officer, please do so by writing to us via our contact form.
We take all complaints seriously and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period. Our time zone is Adelaide, Australia. Our business hours Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, GMT + 9.30 (winter) and GMT + 10.30 (summer – daylight savings time).
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: +61 1300 363 992
This document was last updated on 14 October 2020.
Disclaimer: use of trademarks on this website
- LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this website or Whybricks.