Managing Whybricks in your classroom or educational space
The components of each Whybricks kit are supplied with the intention of being a ‘pool of parts.’
The parts can be organised and stored as best suits your classroom and students.
Some ideas for managing the Whybricks kits in your classroom include:
- Create individual 210-part student kits for each student.
- Make up packs with just the parts needed for a specific lesson activity or project.
- Make ‘STEM boxes’ with instructions and pieces for a challenge for rotation stations.
- Divide up the full kit, arranged by part type, into a storage tray-style storage system, allowing students to find and use the parts they need.
- Provide only a selection of parts in a mixed pack for semi-open and open-ended projects, limiting students from being overwhelmed or distracted by other parts and providing an engineering constraint.
- Keep all the parts mixed together in a single pile free-for-all.